Saturday, March 14, 2009

Come home to everything you need

 
This is the mess in which I write. It is a relatively organized chaos, with its very own rhythms of spontaneity and purpose. I never thought I'd say it, but I am actually enjoying the project.

It can at times be overwhelming to think of it all in a grand scheme, because it is so large, so encompassing of countless materials -- it stretches its limbs across more than one discipline within the discipline. Mysticism. Spirituality. The New Age Movement. Islam. Sufism. Literature!

Flex those Capricorn muscles! Fall in-love with headers. Write and rewrite... and then write it again. Pressure? Yes, there is plenty of that. But how else do you get the juice unless you first squeeze the fruit?

I wanted very much to submit a synopsis of this large, sometimes fumbling, body of work for the Spring student symposium. Jess, I am sure you will only need one guess to know why I inevitably did not. This gal may have courage, but her balls just aint that big. I'm still a woman, and I still succumb to my own vulnerabilities, fears, and self-inflicted sufferings. I dug that hole for myself, and I must tend to its limitations.

To the left of my mess, there's a wonderful little treat I've grown to love making. Flatbread yummies! This one involves canned tuna, a squirt of lemon, extra virgin olive oil, pimentos, salt, pepper, grated farmers cheese and chives. The terrific thing about flatbread is you can make so many different creations! Whatever your flavor, there isn't much flatbread wont toast well and prove scrumptuous.... except, perhaps, for hummus. The hummus will dry out, while the flatbread will become slightly soggy. Depending of course, upon the way you make your hummus. Either way, I'd guard against its use. Moreover, I'd guard against shopping at Whole Foods when you're broke. The ingredients for a single meal can culminate in an unexpected $80 loss. Yikes! Can you imagine shopping for a family of five there?? Oy ve...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment