Thursday, March 19, 2009

I see the tumble in the wind

First things first: While reading my daily collection of various news sources (some satirical, some serious), I came upon this article that absolutely made my jaw drop!



Apparently, the new Pope believes placing a Bible over an erect penis will help protect people against AIDS. And if you pray really, really hard... you just might be able to turn into the Easter Bunny! Actually, I would recommend using the papers from Leviticus in particular... those ones are sure to gaurd against any kind of hard on. I mean, really? Is he actually serious?

Well, okay, so this might be the author's interpretation of the Pope's words... but unfortunately, it does come too close to the truth of what the Pope actually believes. Condoms he argues, are certainly NOT the way to protect against AIDS. Abstinence is the only way, because of course, we cannot possibly condone a protective measure that would also lead to birth control. Wait, wait, wait.... isn't abstinence birth control?! I'm so confused...

These are the reasons I wake up every day and thank GOD I am not a "follower." And in my view of things, I think God's pretty glad I'm not either.

Spring has SPRUNG! Oh it's beautiful and lovely and so, so revitalizing. Every window in my home is open. I'm searching the net for garden ideas. I can't WAIT to get my hands and knees covered in dirt!

 


Speaking of gardens... I have had this idea with me for quite a few years, and lately it has been rooting itself deeper and deeper into my mind. When I first traveled to Guatemala I fell in-love with this adorable little restaurant. It was a husband and wife operation, and as you came upon the restaurant you had to walk *through* the vegetable garden on a sweet little stone path. While eating there, I remember watching the wife, who was also our wonderful chef, come out to the garden and pick fresh ingredients! I most recall the feeling of pure joy in eating food with such fresh, and local(!) ingredients.

This could actually work here in America. What I'd like to do, is find a small college town, fairly liberal and progressive, and start a similar operation. My restaurant would serve breakfast and lunch only, and boast the use of all local ingredients -- organic of course. I would like to plant a garden just like the one in Guatemala, where patrons would have to walk through to get to the front door, and use as many things from the garden as I could. Naturally, I would have to supplement a lot with other locally grown items, but I can just imagine how much pleasure others would get out of such a place!

Now, all I need to do is spend the next few years in search of an investor... That may take some time in this economy. Small business loan?? I suppose I'd have to pay off all of the student debt I acquired first. Still, I'm keeping this idea on the back burner, at a healthy simmer!

 

2 comments:

  1. is that the same pepper plant that was hanging on by a thread in December? lol. beautiful daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Well, yes, yes it is... but this photograph is not recent, it's from last year! When the pepper plant was in gorgeous bloom. Jenn and I are waiting for everything to come up from seed again, so all we have right now are little sproutlings =)

    ReplyDelete