Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This thing you call love, she smiles way too much

I decided to get a little creative in the kitchen tonight. My initial idea was to make tabouli, but I didn't have any Bulgar wheat, only couscous. So I decided couscous was close enough and began to cook it. As I was cooking, I thought about a dish that my chef Raj made the other day in which he pan fried garbonzo beans with pequio peppers and garlic. Tabouli wouldn't be enough to fill me, so I checked my cupboards for chickpeas but only found a can of mixed beans, which has kidney beans, garbanzos, and white beans.

 


So I figured, why not? I can have couscous tabouli and panfried beans. But then, the ingredients all started to blend together in my mind... creating this wonderful dish!! I'll ADD the panfried beans to my couscous, and throw in the parsley. And while I'm at it, why not throw in a dash of lemon juice, some sundried tomatoes I happened to have on hand, and goat cheese. Oh, My. It's probably one of the most fantastic vegetarian dishes I've ever made. An absolute must try!

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment